Thứ Sáu, 11 tháng 3, 2016

SHOES AND ARCHITECTURE

Fashionary-sketch-2
Shoes and architecture are an obsession of mine. The lines and shapes of shoes and buildings have a strong correlation, and I enjoy exploring, and marrying them.
Recently, I came across Brasilian architect Oscar Niemeyer, and instantly became enamored with his abstract shapes and curves. He is known for his design of civic buildings for Brasília,a planned city that became Brazil’s capital in 1960, as well as his collaboration with other architects on the United Nations Headquarters in New York City. His exploration of the aesthetic possibilities of reinforced concrete was highly influential in the late 20th and early 21st centuries.
Niemeyer’s Cathedral of Brasília is the Roman Catholic cathedral serving Brasília, Brazil, and serves as the seat of the Archdiocese of Brasília. Inspired by the buildings shapes, I started to draw some shoes, and well, thought I would share my exploration here.
sketch-2
All sketches by me in Fashionary sketchbook.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét